Auto Insurance Information
You're a safe driver, but your car insurance rates still seem to be going up every renewal. Let us find you the best coverage at the best available price.
Here's just a taste of what Your Choice Auto® only from Allstate can deliver:
Accident Forgiveness - Helps keep your rates from going up just because of an accident. Even if it's your fault.
Safe Driving Bonus - Introducing the Safe Driving Bonus check*, for every six months of accident-free driving you have the opportunity to earn a check of up to 5% of your premium. This is in addition to any other Allstate discounts you qualify for.
Deductible Rewards - You'll get $100 off your Collision deductible the day you sign up. And then $100 off every year you go without an accident. Up to $500 total.
New Car Replacement - If your new car gets totaled within the first three model years, you can get a new car not just the depreciated value.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Want to Learn More?
Click to the link below to hear from our industry experts on all your insurance policy needs, tips, frequently asked questions and more.