West Florida Best-Value Motorcycle Insurance
Serving Bikers in All of Florida, from the Gulf Coast to the East Coast, the Keys to the Panhandle
Given its abundance of scenic attractions, fair-weather climate and thousands of miles of highways, there are lots of places to see along the roadside in Florida. What better way to do so than on your motorcycle? The Federal Highway Administration
estimates that there are around 586,000 motorcycles registered in the State. Florida’s Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles estimates that out of more than 15 million licensed drivers
, about 1.2 million
carry additional motorcycle licensing.
If you are a biker, then it’s very important that you carry motorcycle insurance. You can tailor your coverage to act as a far-reaching tool that can help you if problems arise on the road. Let the expert team at Dakkak Insurance
help you get the perfect policy.
Florida Motorcycle Insurance Requirements
The funny thing about Florida is that while state law requires most standard drivers to carry car insurance, it doesn’t force motorcyclists to do so.
However, if you don’t get covered, then you could put yourself in an insecure financial position. Florida’s no-fault insurance laws don’t apply to bikers. Therefore, if you cause a wreck, you might have to pay out-of-pocket not only for your own losses, but also for those of other drivers. That could get expensive:
Such facts show why every biker has to have insurance coverage behind them when riding. If you don’t, you put yourself in a very inconvenient place.
What Coverage Do I Need?
Florida bikers can buy multiple types of coverage within a motorcycle policy.
- Bodily injury liability insurance: If you cause a wreck that injures someone else, such as if you strike a pedestrian, this coverage can help pay that person’s medical costs.
- Property damage liability coverage: A wreck might be your fault, such as if you run a red light and hit a car in the intersection. This coverage can help you pay for that car’s repairs.
- Collision insurance: When you hit another object, this coverage can pay for your bike’s repairs.
- Comprehensive insurance: This coverage also pays for damage to your bike, but covers losses that aren’t related to collisions, but that come from incidents like fires, weather or theft.
- Accessory coverage: You can expand your collision and comprehensive policy limits to cover special accessories, like chrome accents.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury insurance: If another driver is at-fault for a wreck, but they don’t have liability insurance, this coverage can pay for your injury costs.
- Towing assistance: Your policy can cover the costs of a tow up to a certain distance.
- Contents insurance: When you carry personal belongings on the bike (your phone, keys, tools and safety gear), this coverage can insure them.
- New bike replacement coverage: If you total a new bike (that’s less than 1 year old), this coverage can pay you the cost you need to buy a new bike.
Speak to your Dakkak Insurance agent about the appropriate way to structure your motorcycle policy’s limits, deductibles and cost structure. We guarantee that we can help you find a policy that offers expansive protection while still keeping your budget in mind.
Why Choose Dakkak Insurance?
Dakkak Insurance has one goal—to provide dedicated, world-class insurance services to any Florida biker. We’re proudly a family-owned and -operated business, so to us you are family, too. We believe in making it easy for you to get a quote, enroll in new coverage or change your existing policy at the drop of a hat. So, don’t hesitate to put your trust in us, and let us help you get motorcycle insurance today.
Want to Learn More?
Click to the link below to hear from our industry experts on all your insurance policy needs, tips, frequently asked questions and more.